Most people do not think amount their oral health care nearly as much as they should. Below is a list of questions to help you determine if you are taking steps needed for a better life via a well-groomed smile:
– Do you avoid chewing tobacco and smoking?
– Do you use an oral cleaning product after eating, to limit the damage of harmful acids?
– Do you brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily?
– Do you limit between-meal snacks, which can increase tooth decay?
– Do you brush your tongue, along with your teeth, to help prevent bad breath?
– Do you eat nutritious and well-balanced meals from the five main food groups?
– Do you avoid recreational drugs, which cause mouth dryness and promote tooth decay?
– Do you get regular check-ups at your dental office?
– Do you limit intake of bread, cereal, and chips, which speed up plaque formation?
– Do you drink plenty of water, which can help with tooth decay?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
Don’t ever be afraid to take care of yourself, and your oral health. If you would like to discuss more possible solutions, or to make an appointment, please call Apple Family Dental at 360-423-5580 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Longview, Washington, and let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile.